So I may be a day or two late on this one, and I’d love to say it was worth the wait, but really all I have for you is a simple and delicious zucchini bread recipe.
I wish I could tell you I was out and about all weekend doing something awesome, fun, thrilling or exciting and that I have a great story to tell you, but the truth is I was basically on my death bed with a SUMMER COLD! Yep, the worst of the worse a summer cold. I’m sorry but getting a cold in the summer is just miserable and totally unfair. While I’m not quite over it, I’m through the worst of it, and I hope no one I know gets it – I wouldn’t even wish this cold on my worst enemy. Since I was in bed all weekend, what’s a girl to do but peruse the internet looking for things to buy? Of course I did the usual – my favorite places to shop, amazon, and then craigslist. Are you like me? Do you get on craigslist and just get lost wondering “what the heck are these people thinking?” I mean it’s amazing what people give away and sell, like MIND BLOWING. If you have the endurance and determination, you can get really lucky and find some unique things at a great price. Of course, with all day to search I found something.
When I looked it up and saw I had to go to a warehouse district, I almost backed out… but I am my grandmother’s granddaughter and I just went for it. Do you love my new little desk? It’s an old portable drafting table and I just couldn’t be happier with my impulsive purchase. Get excited it will definitely be used as a backdrop/prop for future photos!
Anyways… back to the bread. Zucchinis are EVERYWHERE right now and they’re so CHEAP, so go out and get yourself some and make this bread. It’s a great grab and go bread, a lot like the banana bread I shared a while back.
Zucchini Bread with Walnuts and Chocolate Chips
get the recipe
shred that zucchini…
get those dry ingredients together…
brown sugar and applesauce…
don’t forget the eggs…
mix your dry and wet then fold in the zucchini…
add your nuts and chocolate…
divide between two buttered and floured pans…
bake them up and and enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini - shredded
- 1 cup nuts (walnuts or pecans or any kind of nut)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- preheat the oven to 325
- shred two medium sized zucchini
- mix together all the dry ingredients
- combine brown sugar and applesauce - mix well, act like you're creaming butter and sugar, try to get all the sugar granulations dissolved
- add the eggs and beat it up real good - the mixture should start to get "fluffy"
- fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients - don't over mix!
- add the zucchini - DON'T OVER MIX!
- add the chocolate chips and nuts
- poor into two loaf pans that have been floured and buttered
- bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the tops are golden and they bounces back when pressed