Bows and Cake - A Perfect Combination
A couple of weeks ago I was privileged enough to be a part of a cute little bow-head's first birthday party. I mean how cute is she? I'm so thankful Hillary and Eric gave me a chance to be a part of their little one's birthday extravaganza! It was her first time eating sweets, and dare I say it was quite possibly the cutest reaction I've ever seen to cake in my life! I will admit that as I was editing these photos I got a huge craving for cake. Good thing I have a great recipe for 15 ish Minute Cupcakes! They're in the oven right now, and I can't wait to dig in, although I'm going to try to not end up with as much frosting on my face as sweet Ainsley.
Check out more photos over at MollyAnnePhotography.co!
15(ish) Minute Brown-Butter Cupcakes
for the cupcakes
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons brown butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
for the single-serving vanilla frosting
- 1 tablespoon butter - room temp
- 4 - 5 tablespoons powder sugar
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- splash of vanilla
start by browning your butter... you'll know it's ready when it gets a nice tint to it, and the air smells like heaven...
get your dry ingredients together...
mix your brown butter and brown sugar together...
add your egg white and vanilla...
add your flour, give it a good stir, then add the milk...
mix until it has a smooth consistency, then plop it in your lined cupcake tin...
bake for 15 minutes, cool to room temp, while they're cooling make the frosting (you can throw them in front of a fan or in the refrigerator if you're in a hurry)...
To make the frosting whip up your butter, add half the powder sugar and the sprinkle of salt - mix that up, add the vanilla and milk - mix it up, then add the rest of the powder sugar - at this point you can just stir it with a whisk or a spatula... you really should use a mixer (I just use one beater) to make the frosting, but if you don't want to get it out of the cabinet, a whisk will work, just make sure you mix it really good and get lots of air into it.
throw some frosting on them and enjoy!
- preheat oven to 350*
- brown butter over low heat
- get all your dry ingredients together
- mix the slightly cooled brown butter and brown sugar together
- add the egg white and stir aggressively for 1 minute
- add your dry ingredients to the brown butter, sugar, egg mixture, stir until just combined
- add the vanilla and milk, you should have a smooth consistency
- bake in lined cupcake tin for 15 minutes or until golden and the top bounces back
- let cool and make your frosting
- To make the frosting, mix up your butter - it's very important to aerate the butter if you want a fluffy frosting
- add 2 tablespoons of powder sugar and sprinkle of salt, the mixture should be crumbly
- add milk and vanilla
- add the remaining 2 tablespoons of powder sugar and mix it all up until it's light and fluffy
- frost your cupcakes an enjoy!